Saturday, March 10, 2007

Thinking...

I am just sitting at my sister's house, while her baby sleeps. I found that I have forgotten what to do with quiet time. The first months of caring for a new baby can be so hectic and exhausting, it is so easy to forget how quickly it all passes. I look at Liam and notice things in his face and actions that are already lost forever, I can't believe it. The changes come minute by minute sometimes, when you suddenly realize that something you thought you would never forget is already forgotten. That is why I decided to take the time to write, I have been wanting to do this since I started my blog, but haven't found the time. Fresh on my mind is Sophia. She is getting so big, I can't believe some of the things that come out of her mouth. Jake is creating a backsplash out of travertine in my kitchen, so we all hung out in there last night while he worked. I was sitting on a step stool and Soph came and wanted to snuggle (rare). Jake went out to the garage so I was alone with my girl. She looked at me so serious and said, "Ssshhhhhh" while putting her finger to her mouth, "let's hide". By hide she means we cover our eyes. I covered my eyes and she pulled a finger back to peek in at me and said, "What you doing in there mom?" Right then I was struck with a difference in her, nothing big but a subtle growing older moment. Maybe this makes sense to anyone who has kids. We sat there on the floor and hid and giggled for about 3 minutes until the moment passed. She grew tired of snuggling and went off to play. I was feeling so "moon doggy" (Tara ;) over her right then I didn't want to let go. That has been the hardest part about 2 kids for me, finding time for quality time with both of them, not missing those mysteriously precious moments. I love being a mom, I wouldn't trade it for anything, I also know that I will blink my eyes and my kids will be grown, I want to soak up as much as I can while they are so small and so sweet.

4 comments:

Jason said...

very sweet linds...i don't have kids yet, but i feel that i can relate in some way...or maybe that i hope to. now i am moondoggy over you ;)

Nat said...

Linds,
I can totally relate to everything you said. I do the same thing with Jordan, they amaze you daily with the things they say. They are getting so big. Dito to the quality time thing, I realized yesterday how important that is,by Tyler and I spending time with just Jordan (check my blog). It was so nice, and not done enough with any of our kids....
Loved your thoughts!:)

Nat said...

Lindsey,
So does it mean I'm not a friend or a family if I'm not on your list? :)

Jason said...

oh crap, i was signed in as jason...stoked was me (tara)