Friday, October 17, 2008

Would the real anonymous person please stand up!

Ok, I haven't had time to blog about this but there was an anonymous comment left on here a few posts back about getting Jake checked for TMJ. As soon as I read the comment I googled TMJ and it made perfect sense. I called my brother (a dentist) and he came over and checked him out. He felt like it was more muscular, but definitely a jaw problem. WELL today we saw a neurologist and guess what she said... Post Concussion Syndrome AND minor TMJ! We didn't tell her that he was already separately diagnosed with both of these. She told us that the medication my bro prescribed was EXACTLY what he should be taking and wrote out a prescription for more. I feel like we finally saw a doctor who knew enough and who listened long enough to give a correct diagnosis and get him on the path to feeling better. SO- THANK YOU anonymous person, you helped us solve the mystery! Plus that is just a great blog story :) Oh, and I didn't mean to write so many words in CAPS, but I am just very excited about getting to the bottom of this.

5 comments:

Hill said...

YOU are KIND of A DoRk.

mindi said...

hooray for anonymous commentors AND for older-brother dentists AND for smart doctors.
ps. would you please answer your freaking phone some time?
love you.

Al Boy said...

I LovE YoU TOo LINdZ, YoU sHouLd cAll mE soMeTimE :)

Tara said...

yea, yea, yea!!! i am sooo freakin happy right now for you. nice call back ;)

Lily said...

Hi Lindsay. I am Mrs. anonymous! :) I have TMJ and so I know all the signs and my father in law is a dentist. I grew up in Jake and Hillary's ward and I blog lurk your cute family sometimes. I hope Jake can find relief, I just cared was all :)