
Happy Valentines Day!
I love Valentines Day, I have so many great memories. When I was a kid I loved making a box and then rushing home from school to see if any boys wrote anything juicy in their valentines to me. Then I would wait for the neighborhood valentines to start coming. It seemed like the doorbell would ring all evening long with prizes left on the porch. On the nights that my parents would go out, sometime during the time they were gone the doorbell would ring and there would be valentines for all of us waiting on the porch. My mom does the best ones every year, maybe that is why I love the holiday so much. Jake and his whole family hate Valentines Day and I always wondered why. Then we got talking about it and he said that people never left valentines on his porch and then rang the doorbell and ran. I can’t even believe this! So please tell me, did I live in this holiday preserving neighborhood or did Jake live around a bunch of scrooges? I hope you all have a great Valentines Day, and I hope you get to spend it with all of your valentines!
8 comments:
We did that too!!! I loved V-day for the same reasons. I remember going through my valentines and picking out the best ones for the people I liked!! Oh and Trent's family did the whole doorbell ditching too so it looks like Jake is just a scrooge!
I just think that Jake lived around some scrooges! We always made Valentines and doorbell ditched! Good luck this year!
i never had the neighborhood 'leave a valentine on the porch and run' thing, but i LOVE valentines day. i remember making a valentine box every year, and getting really creative, to take to school and coming home to open all my goodies!
We DID celebrate valentines day as a family. We would make sugar cookies and take them to the grandmas and my dad always got something for me and my moms something for jake so don't all of you go thinking that WE were the scrooges. We just lived in a poor neighboorhood or something.
Oh tell Jake that Trent wishes it was his! It is actually his uncle Geralds 4 wheeler!
Guess we had scrooges as well for neighbors. We get treats now from our neighbors which is great, but I have always hated valentines day. I don't know why because I would usually get something at school, but when you were in a relationship it was such a girly holiday I hated trying to find something for that "special" someone. And even now, I still don't like it even though I have a Valentine. Going out is ridiculous, and I don't like waisting money on all the little things. Wow! I sound like the scrooge. Jared feels the same way though, so it works out great.
I think Jake lived around a bunch of scrooges. I grew up in kind of a poor (and "old people infested") :) neighborhood and we still had lots of people knock and leave yummy valentines each year. That's what made it so fun! Sad thing is that I always thought our neighbors hated us loud and annoying kids. Hmmmm...Maybe it was my mom that whole time after all...dang, Valentines really does suck!! Ha ha ha...hey let's get together sometime soon, we miss you guys!
I didn't know about this fun tradition, but we got a few this year and I thought it was so cute, so next year, I'm in!!
Post a Comment