Saturday, February 23, 2008

Copycat Hillary and Emily

1. Where did you meet?
Well we have conflicting memories on this one... My first memory was as a sophmore in high school. I was with my friends and Jake and his friends were sitting in front of us. They had on "GO RIC" t-shirts underneath their shirts.

2. What was the first thought that went through your head when you met?
Unfortunately I was too young to remember. I call him "High School Jake" since he seemed like a totally different person before we started dating. He was sexy and pretty much every one of my friends had a crush on him at one time or another.

3. Do you remember what was he wearing?
Emily's answer made me laugh because Jake was wearing jeans, hoodie, and a hat. And I must agree this is still my favorite outfit for him.

4. Where was the first time you kissed this person?
Right in the front doorway of his family's old house, quickly enough after his mission that I think the things he wrote in the last letters to me were a little pre-meditated ;)

5. How did he/she ask you out?
I don't recall, I remember going to Fairview with him and some friends and that was when we were able to spend a ton of time talking and listening to 311.

6. Where did you go for your first date?
After Fairview the first real date I remember we went to Salt Lake to this little Italian resturant. That is one of my favorite pictures of us, standing in front of the restaurant. I don't have a digital copy though...

7.How long did you know this person before you became a couple?
3 years, age 16 to age 19 when we started dating.

8. Has this person ever proposed to you?
Yes. I already knew he had my diamond (that is a funny story if you haven't heard) so I was expecting my ring on a Friday night when we went to SLC for dinner. I waited every second for him to propose and he didn't. Then we went back to my mom's and he was acting all weird and telling me how tired he was. I said "you can go home if you want" and he said okay, jumped up and left. I was so mad, but found out later it was because he had a ton of work to do! Then the next morning my mom kept trying to get me out of bed, so finally I walked out and there was a note in a bottle on the floor outside of my room. Well that led to a piece of map in a bottle which led me to his grandma's house where I picked up a candle and another piece of map. That took me to his other grandma's house where I got a key and the last piece of map. It led me back to his house. On the back door a note with a lighter said, "Light candle, bring key, and come downstairs." Jake was down there with a ton of candles lit and the table set for breakfast. He got down on one knee, proposed, and then handed me a locked box that I had to use my key to open to get my ring. So romantic :)

9. Do you and this person have kids together?
Yes, we love them madly.

10. Have you ever broken the law with this person?
No comment.

11. When was the first time you realized that you loved this person?
I knew it all along but when it really hit me we weren't together. I knew his social from helping him register for school, so I logged on UVSC, found out what class he was in and then parked outside the door until he came out! I acted like I was surprised, we went for a ride together, and we have been together ever since. Sneaky I know.

12. Do you get along with any of the ex's of your partner?
I don't know if Jake really has any "ex's" but since I already mentioned that all of my friends had a crush on him I guess the answer is yes.

13. Do you trust this person?
Always

14. Do you see your partner in your future?
Always

15. What's the most expensive thing this person has given you?
My engagement ring

16. What is one thing he/she does that gets on your nerves?
I gotta say leaving the cupboard doors open! I feel your pain Josh!

17. What is the thing you do that gets on his/her nerves?
Always going to bed too early...

18. Where do you see each other 15 years from now?
I can only pray that we will be in a larger house, with Jake's college diploma hanging on the wall.

4 comments:

Hill said...

i don't know how jake and i managed to grow up and struggle with closing cupboards because my mom was ALWAYS getting mad about it.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

You will have to tell me the story about you aready knowing Jake had your ring when we go to dinner one of these nights!

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

How cute! I didn't know how he proposed, that is very sweet and romantic!

Rachel Gillie said...

I think Jake still wears his "Go Ric" shirt when no one is watching. Then he pretends he is Ric and does high kicks in the air and makes the touchdown signal with his two hands held up. It is great to have such good fans.

-Ric