Jake and I have been a bit addicted to Scrabble this week. I should mention that it gets VERY competitive, second only to Monopoly (which, for the sake of our marriage, we can't even play anymore). We were out on the swing playing and this little baby bug of some sort (a katydid perhaps?) came to play too. He was missing one front leg so I felt bad for him and loved him like my own. He stuck around for a while until I had to spell the word "do" on a triple word, to sabotage the spot I might add, and then he couldn't take it anymore and jumped away (do katydid's jump?). I must add that I was losing because I kept drawing I's, but Jake dropped the board on the way in the house after dark and the game was forfeited. P.S. I won last nights game by a landslide :)
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Scrabble
Jake and I have been a bit addicted to Scrabble this week. I should mention that it gets VERY competitive, second only to Monopoly (which, for the sake of our marriage, we can't even play anymore). We were out on the swing playing and this little baby bug of some sort (a katydid perhaps?) came to play too. He was missing one front leg so I felt bad for him and loved him like my own. He stuck around for a while until I had to spell the word "do" on a triple word, to sabotage the spot I might add, and then he couldn't take it anymore and jumped away (do katydid's jump?). I must add that I was losing because I kept drawing I's, but Jake dropped the board on the way in the house after dark and the game was forfeited. P.S. I won last nights game by a landslide :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yeah linds, I've been waiting for new posts. The carnival looked like fun times! Was that over in orem? Kids do love the carnival don't they.
I saw Kelsey and Nick at youth conference this past weekend. Kelsey is so dang cute!
I LOVE scrabble. It's one of the few games that I can beat Josh at (he's not the best speller). You guys should learn backgammon. It's super easy and another game that is good for two players.
p.s. Jake cheats at monopoly... thats why no one will play it with him.
that little bug is hilarious. we love to play monopoly, but i almost ALWAYS win, so i doubt you would ever want to play with me :D
For the sake of our marriage, we no longer play Monopoly either :)
Post a Comment