1. He is a very restless person.
2. He is a hard worker.
3. He loves his children more than anything.
4. He loves me too.

5. He loves guns more than all of us :)
6. He used to drive, and wrecked, a bullet bike.
7. He served his mission in the Dominican Republic, where he sang 311 songs in the cold shower.
8. He would LOVE to go back.
9. He was told in high school that he was too short to play basketball.
10. He is now 6'5''.

11. He proposed to me with a pirate theme.
12. He makes delicious breakfast.
13. His favorite band is 311.
14. He likes American Idol, sorry babe :)
15. If he were ever to try out he would sing "I Hope You Don't Mind" from Moulin Rouge, double sorry babe :)
16. He once wrecked his car because he put his foot on the dash to show his friends in the backseat his new velcro shoes and then couldn't get it down in time to stop.
17. He still doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up.
18. He is 28 today :)
19. He loves to drink "fizzy sodee" or "burny bubbles".
20. He loves spending time with his family.
21. Every girl had a crush on him in high school.
22. He loves golfing and snowboarding.
23. We never have enough money to do either.
24. He was a very naughty little boy.
25. He once pooped on his neighbor's driveway, as a child of course ;)
26. He has written, directed, and produced several very amusing claymations, all of which, involve poo.
27. He is a very loyal person and friend.
28. He never gossips.
29. He gets visually uncomfortable in the presence of gossiping.
30. He has great dimples.
31. He loves to fish.
32. He likes buying gifts for other people.
33. He picks my Christmas presents by himself, and I always love them.
34. He LOVES eating out.
35. We once laughed so hard at a drive-thru we had to leave (wink).
36. His nickname is Skinnyboy.
37. He recently told me he wished he could fight off germs for our kids "with his guns."
38. As a child he had a secret "booger collection" on his wall (I told you he was naughty).
39. He is the funniest person he knows.
40. He wants to own his own business.
41. He loves home improvement projects.
42. He will watch HGTV with me.
43. His favorite blanky when he was little was named "Monnie".
44. He is very talented with a yo-yo.
45. He has green eyes.
46. They used to be blue.
47. He loves Christmas and always puts the lights on the tree, hangs the lights outside, and helps me decorate all while burning a pine candle and listening to John Denver Christmas (his favorite, not mine).
48. He bought a long board at a garage sale last summer.
49. He used to work at Brick Oven, and still loves to eat there.
50. In high school him and Carlos threw their slurpees at a car and then got chased the rest of the night.
51. As a kid, he could play G.I. Joes for hours.
52. He occasionally spots places in our life now that would be fun to play G.I. Joes on.
53. He is a huge Neil Diamond fan.
54. He has a nice baseball card collection that I am still waiting to get rich on.
55. He mops the wood floor for me.
56. But the bedroom floor is always covered in his clothes like a teenager.
57. He is a WONDERFUL daddy.
58. He worries about the kids like a mommy.
59. It was his great idea to get a house with a basement apartment.
60. He made a million annoying movies with Kevin as a child.
61. He lays tile for a living.
62. He is great at it.
63. He is a pirate.
64. No seriously.
65. My 93 year old grandma has seen his bum.
66. Along with the rest of my family.
67. He likes to sneak the bird into pictures.


68. He likes to bug me and Soph when we are grumpy.
69. We used to play James Bond on the Gamecube every single night.
70. He loves Disneyland.
71. When we had been married 3 weeks we went to our new ward and were asked to stand up and introduce ourselves. Jake told the entire ward that he didn't see me much due to my blossoming career as a semi-professional jump roper.
72. That is not the only really elaborate story he has ever made up. He once told my brothers that him and Shon went to a salon in SLC, got pressured into smoking peyote, and ended up getting a full body wax because they were so befuddled by the peyote... they believed him too, due to the utter strangeness of the story.
73. He is SO handsome.
74. Except when he grows a beard ;)
75. He once poached a turkey.
76. He lost his small game permit because of it.
77. He has had 3 clients (besides himself) at Jake's Barber Shop, unfortunately 1 learned how to cut his own, but 1 actually PAYS him... sucker!
78. He has his concealed weapons permit.
79. He probably has a gun in his pants when you see him.
80. No that is NOT his peen :) hee hee.
81. He is the perfect match for me.
82. He loses (but somehow seems to find) his wallet, keys, and/or phone at least once a week.
83. He is good at most everything he tries.
84. Not liking his newly grown chest hairs, he decided to shave them off, did not know where to quit, and ended up shaving his entire body... grover bum included.
85. He gets very excited about pizza.
86. Sophia has him wrapped around her little finger.
87. He let me buy an expensive camera... I don't know if I would do the same :)
88. He has used the same alarm clock, with the same battery, since his mission.
89. He leaves his socks in sweaty rolled up balls when he puts them in the hamper.
90. Same with the 3 shirts he wears every day.
91. He is a huge present snooper and has an uncanny ability to guess his gifts.
92. He loves John Wayne.
93. He accidentally told me when he bought my diamond ring.
94. He is very artistic.
95. But very critical of his work.
96. He wears a size 13 shoe ;)
97. He drives a crappy old car so that I can drive a nice one.
98. He works so hard to support our family.
99. He wanted to grow a beard, drink rum, and sail away... but chose me instead.
100. He is the LOVE of my LIFE!
Did any of this surprise you? Feel free to comment...
Here are a few favorite memories from family and friends:
Kelsey- When he made Haley pee her pants and the stinky fairy.
He used to tease Kelsey and her friend, went a little too far, and made her friend pee her pants. He also put an onion under Nic's pillow and told him the "Stinky Fairy" had paid him a visit in the night.
Candace- well, of course you know that alan and i love the bum-shaving story!
but a nicer one is when i just had alexander and was staying at mom's...jake came over and was waiting for you to get home and i fell asleep. mom had to run an errand or something and alexander started crying...jake got him out of the bassinet and snuggled him and he stopped crying. i woke up a bit later and saw that jake was looking out for my little guy and of course, i decided right then and there that you should marry him. i'm glad you did.
jake is awesome!
Damon- Well the peyote story he told pat and I was probably the funniest thing I think about when I think of jake.
His damn claymation movies are funny.
When pat hit him in the nuts with a sinker after it flew back into the boat at Jordanelle when pat broke the line — that was damn funny.
Mostly just how damn funny he is I guess.
Lol
D
Josh- The turkey has to be on there.
Tyler- A recent memory I have is when he and I went to look at real estate with a potentially character, Jake said we should probably be "packing some heat, just in case we can't trust this guy". I thought he was joking around. We met the guy, he showed us some property, then Jake and I left. As we got back in his car, he pulled a gun out of the front of his pants and said you never can be too sure. Jake had gotten him a concealed weapons permit and is now a certified Spanish Fork gang banger. Way to represent the south side cuz!
Hill- I have quite a few, this could be hard. One of my favorite is that every night in the summer when we were about 8 and 10 we would play monopoly. we would divide the properties up so that it didn't take so long and play for hours. I loved it even though he cheated. We also would blow up a balloon and play a variation of volleyball in the living room till all hours of the night.
Jake is one of the only men I know that love the Christmas season, I know he enjoys it as much as the rest of us kids. When we were little we would put all of my mom's decorations up. Jake always did the tree. then we would sleep out by the tree as many nights as my mom would let us. we would put 5 christmas cd's in the cd changer and listen all night. It may surprise people to know that some of his favorites were Amy Grant and Kurt Bestor. When the tree was downstairs we would sleep there and put on the movie White Christmas to fall asleep to.
When Jake and I were younger I would spend hours watching him and Kevin play Nerf basketball in the living room or in his room. The favorite tape to have playing was Neil Diamond. We also had other games that we played like Teenage mutant ninja turtles and g.i.joes. He was always so good to let me play with him and Kevin. Sometimes I would tell my friends I couldn't play so that I could stay home and play with them.
Barb- On man we all have so many. One would be when he chased hill up the stairs with the spider. That was hilarious! One tender time I remember is when Kelsey's kitten died and she was completely under a blanket crying. He got under the blanket with her and talked to her about where the kitten had gone. It was so cute. I can still see them on the floor covered up with a blanket. She adored him and still does.
I probably have alot more tender memories than everyone else, just cause I am the mom, but I will always remember the day we went to get his mission pictures taken. I just remember sitting there looking at my handsome grown up son and thinking about all the phases of his life and the things we had gone through to get there. I was so proud of him that day. Still when I look at that pic I still remember how I felt that day.
Honna & Billy- The bum shaving story is the best!
Ric- Jake Hall Memories
-“Indian in the Cupboard” book report rap (5th grade)
-Blitz Soccer team
-Hiking to the “Y” with “Garbage Man” Ricky Gardner
-“FID!”
-Camouflage Santa Clause at night with his watery door traps
-The Ford Escort… What else needs to be said
-Bullet bikes
-Bus tub buddies always ready for the block
-Heather Bates always getting bumped into the trash
-The quarterly mission snowboarding slope analogy / drawing of all the friends
-Brad’s professional queefing skills.
-Cool refreshing banana breeze
-The two-minute homemade hacky-sack that kept mine from being taken by Mr. Wadley
5 comments:
okay, that was perhaps the funniest thing i have ever read. we just love jake so much! happy birthday bro!
nice job. i was cracking up the whole time. happy birthday weenus.
Happy Birthday Jake! i enjoyed seeing all of the pictures. cute idea linds!
I got busy and forgot to write any funny stuff, but here is something that needs to be said.
First: TURKEY BASTER STORY!
Second: Last Valentines Day I got a nice little card and my own turkey baster from a secret valentine (card signed: love your big black buddy).
Third: Skinny, Naked, Still fuzzy white ass being carried on long skinny legs into the waters of Lake Powell.
Happy Birthday Jake! Two of my favorite stories come from their wedding day.
#1 The sealer kept railing on Jake, telling him how lucky he was, and how he better take care of L. Afterward, Barb and I were talking about how we thought L was the lucky one! Sorry L
#2 At their reception Jake was about to smash the cake in L's face and L's mom ran out and stopped him. She then gave him a lecture on "peer pressure" in front of everyone!
We love Jake, and are glad we get to keep Skinnyboy in our lives.
P.S. I would like to know of any girl who did not have a crush on Jake
Post a Comment