Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!

It is my mom's birthday today, in her honor, here are 5 things about her.

1.  She is an excellent cook.  Her gravy, to die for, I could drink it.
2.  She tends 47 grandkids once a week, the house is chaos nonstop, and yet she always has a smile when you drop them off in the morning.  They usually do some totally awesome activity (for 2-4 year olds) like sit on the porch and watch the garbage truck.  She even pumps her arm so the driver will honk, which he does since he is somewhat of a celebrity on my parents street.
3.  You can count on her when you need her.  Like when Jake was really sick and I discovered Liv's hernia and had to take her to the doctor at 9:oo at night (and my mom had just barely gotten home from vacation).
4.  She has a great eye for decorating.  Her house always looks beautiful, especially at Christmas time.
5.  She is the Energizer Bunny, she never stops, always has some project to work on or something to do for someone else.  I am 34(?) years younger than her and she exhausts me :)

We love you mom, hope you have a happy day!

5 comments:

Mama F said...

You must have your eyes on backward or something. When I look at my blog it says I posted in at 11:13. Maybe you have yours set to a different timezone or something. Can't wait for Wed!

Lindsey said...

happy birthday mom! ditto to the above, although i didn't know the bit about the garbage man honking. i'd like to see that someday! we love you!

mindi said...

that last comment was from me, honna, sittin at linds house with the kiddos.

mom2four said...

I love your mom she is amazing. She really makes me feel like part of the family. Tell her happy birthday for me from the other outlaw!!!

Tara said...

happy birthday nancy!!!