Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My kids



This last week has been hard, everyone in the whole family has been sick (yes even poor Alivia). After noticing that the kids got sick after I did and started getting better before me, I finally realized I had a sinus infection. Yesterday was the worst, I was running a fever and aching all over and I still had to be the mama (this is definitely one of the hardest things about being a mother to small children). Luckily I got on some antibiotics and I am finally starting to feel better today. Anyway, I feel like a bad mom. My kids have watched WAY too much TV and I have been too cranky with them both. That is why I decided to make a list of exactly why I love each one of them so much :)

Sophia

-She is so affectionate, and always tells me she loves me and wants to snuggle.
-She is about 2 weeks shy of 4 and she usually remembers to take her dishes to the sink.
-She says the cutest things while playing with her toys, she cracks me up!
-She loves her brother and sister so much. Today Liam smacked her in the head with his sippy cup (hard) and once she stopped crying, she took him down to the basement to play.
-She loves leaving us to go to school, or to play at a friends house, or to go to grandma's... I never have to worry about her being sad when we are gone.
-She thinks she is going to marry her daddy in the temple when she gets as big as me.
-She also thinks that we will share clothes and shoes and that "it will be so much fun!" when she gets as big as me.
-She is so helpful with the younger two, I swear I forget her age sometimes!
-She loves the time with Jake and I after everyone else is in bed.
-She is always so thrilled by the smallest things, it makes me want to remember to do more of them in a day.

Liam

-He has a smile that melts my heart.
-He is always galloping and jumping all over the place, it cracks me up.
-He calls his daddy JAKE and he says it in this deep manly voice.
-He LOVES Alivia. When he wakes up he always says, "what baby doin?"
-He loves candy and juice and gets so excited when you agree to give him either one.
-He has this hillarious accent when he says certain things, I will be sad when he outgrows it.
-Every time he says "Ophie", either that or "tister", so cute.
-He loves to go go go. This is quite a challenge right now while I am restricted in my going :)
-He LOVES his daddy and grandpa's beyond the point of obsession. He would choose Jake (or a grandpa for that matter) over me any day, but I don't feel bad, I think it is sweet, he just loves them :)
-He will lay his head on my shoulder for a fraction of a second and let me squeeze him.

Alivia

-She is a newborn and she is sweet and precious and beautiful. I could snuggle her and watch her little face for hours. I LOVE knowing that I have a little one to love me the most for the next year or so, and to watch grow and learn her personality. She is so sweet and I feel so blessed to have her.

6 comments:

Craig and Monica said...

You're so good to make a list of why you love your kids, even when you're not feeling so good. When I'm being cranky, I'm just cranky. My lucky kids.

Tara said...

i have yet to experience three lindsey. you amaze me. tender.

Hill said...

It's good to focus on the positive. It amazes me how fast these little toddlers can shift gears, going from screaming (like my post yesterday) to being so sweet and funny. Their mood changes almost make me dizzy.

Mama F said...

Loved the lovey list about your kids. Someday, maybe next May we should let our kids get together again. I don't want to bring them near your tiny one. So sad that she was sick too.

Kelsey said...

I love your kids :) I miss the grandkids so much when I'm away and those things just remind me of how wonderful they are. I love that Sophia wants to marry Jake in the temple :)

Anonymous said...

Congradulations on you're third. She is so cute. 4pounds wow! I read you're stories U have gone through alot. You're kids are such good mixes between you guys. That was cute how you crywhen you hear Jake voice u start crying as if it was you're mom, when something is wrong. I do that too! I think we all do that! Husbands are the best!