Friday, November 23, 2007

Scotty

So I had very sad news today, my brother Pat had to put little Scotty to sleep. It probably should have been done a year ago, but my mom started talking about it when I was very pregnant with Liam, so needless to say I freaked out. I just realized I don't even have any digital pictures of him. He was a such a smart sweet dog, I think I got him when I was 10. I got him for Christmas. I opened all of my presents and then there was one last gift way under the tree. I opened it and it was a dog bed and a book and a leash and collar. I just looked at it totally confused and unexpected and then the wrapping paper was fluffing up in the air as this tiny little puppy came jumping through it. I just picked him up and didn't dare say a word because I knew I was going to cry, funny because I felt the same way today. I had been begging for a dog for so long. When I got married I cried on my wedding night because I missed Scotty. Here I have this hot young husband in bed with me and I missed my stinky old dog, Jake was probably thinking I was crazy.

I love you little pup, and I am going to miss you.

6 comments:

Nat said...

So So sad linds! I almost cried reading about cute little scotty! I loved that cute stinky dog too! He had some good years though! Love you scotty!

Tara said...

i feel so sad for you linds and little scotty. now he is in heaven all happy for the holidays with his doggy treats and doggy bed on a cloud...

Hill said...

I know you don't want sympathy, but I'm really sorry. It's hard to loose pets, they are a member of the family.

Anonymous said...

I remember one of the first times I came to your house and you had me convinced that Scotty was a fight dog and would attack if you said certain words... meanwhile you were just pinching his behind to get him to growl! Ode to Scotty... the fight dog!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Hey can you email me your address? I guess Trent already talked to Jake about it but I am going to mail you guys an invite to the temple and need your address!

Thanks!

soccergirl_88@hotmail.com

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Hey Linds! I love your blog, I can't wait until we get email again so I can update mine and check everyone else's regularly. Your pics are so cute! Hope to chat with you soon!
Kim