Tuesday, October 16, 2007
My Happiness
Okay, my kids are buckled into the car waiting for me but I had to catch this while it was fresh. I was sitting on the couch and Liam had been playing in another room. I heard him make the long trek down the hall, crawling so fast to come see me. He pulled himself up and smiled the biggest smile. I looked down and noticed his fat little fists clenched so tight. This is usually a bad thing since this child will eat any small thing he finds on the floor. I pryed the first fist open to find an old lint-covered Kix. He immediately popped it into his mouth, no problem. The second fist? A second lint-covered Kix. He ate them both and smiled at me. That is happiness to me. The small things, I love being a mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, that's the cutest thing ever-I can just imagine him looking up at you with that big smile of his. It reminds me of Josh when he wakes up way too early and I go in to to see him, and he's just beaming and bursting with excitement that someone is actually coming to rescue him. Liam was probably so excited that he found those yummy treasures and he couldn't wait to show his mommy!
nothing says motherhood like lint covered kix
um, clean your floor. ;)
i really loved your story. you are the best story-teller btw, but you already knew that!
so cute! Ava was our little vacuum also. She would find the tiniest crumb on the carpet and pop it in her mouth. She found it all!
Post a Comment