Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Halloween

On Sunday everybody had a cold so we ditched church and put up our Halloween decorations! I love Halloween! This is exciting on more than one level:
1. I love fall and the month of October
2. I take my Halloween decor down on Nov. 1st and then about 2 weeks later (I have been known to only wait 1 :) I put up my Christmas! YAY!
The best part is, Jake LOVES Christmas as much as I do so he doesn't object. I love the rest of the year from now till January. I only get crazy looks when visiting or home teachers come over in November and we are all decked out, everyone who knows me expects it. Plus it is so much work I am going to enjoy it dang-it!




I made Monster Punch to get everyone feeling festive, Soph was mostly scared of it until Jake talked her into eating a gummy worm.

10 comments:

mom2four said...

Your halloween decorations are soooo cute. I am just now getting out mine. And yummy juice. I need that recipe.

Unknown said...

The juice wasn't that good, any old juice will work with green food coloring, you can mix in sprite, then color corn syrup and dip the glass rim in it. Once the syrup starts to set pour the drink and stick the worms on... SPOOKY!

Nat said...

You do have way cute halloween decorations! I have hardly anything for halloween.

Dana said...

I didn't put up as much decor for fall this year and I just barely got it out. I have just Fall type stuff so it can stay out from Sept through nov. I just felt like it was clutter this year?? But fall is DEFINITELY my FAVORITE time of year as well for much of the same reasons! But it never lasts long enough. DANG snow!!! Jared barely lets me put up Christmas any earlier then after Thanksgiving. He said thanksgiving gets jipped, but I do it anyway starting the day after thanksgiving.

Jason said...

very cute decorations!!! i need cute stuff to hang on the walls like you. wish i could come over to have some monster juice!!

Hill said...

I love our fancy witch and the halloween jars. But in true Hall fashion, I put my Halloween decorations up while listening to Christmas music.

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Ahh I love the holidays too! I already lit up my christmas candle and am counting down the days until I get to open up all my christmas decorations!

Rachel Gillie said...

Lindsey, Your kids are so grown up and so adorable! I cannot believe how much kids grow so quick. I am so excited that you have a blog and I love it!

mindi said...

did you notice that when you dropped soph off this morning i had no decorations out and when you came back they were out? as soon as i put asher down for his nap, soph goes, "mindi, where is your halloween? we need to get it out!"
i think it must have looked pretty sad compared to yours, though... i only have like 5 things.

mindi said...

um whoa...
i didn't realize jake was such an expert on creating a spooky halloween beverage!