
So I have been watching this swallows nest (right above my front door!) for weeks now. We watched them build the nest, found the egg shells after the babies hatched, and so on. Last night when I pulled up I saw one of the baby's hanging upside down by his feet from the nest! I called my neighbor and he came over and put him back in the nest for me. I ended up watching them until dark and saw that the biggest baby bird kept trying to push the weak one out! So I finally rigged this stupid basket so I could sleep in peace. Sure enough, this morning he was in the basket. I stewed over what to do with him and finally decided to leave him in the basket to see if his mommy would feed him. At first he just hid in the bottom, but I just looked out the window to see him perched on the rim waiting for the mommy just like his (mean) siblings. Be still my heart. I hope this little guy makes it after all my trouble...
6 comments:
Linds, you crack me up! Love your basket rigging skills! At least you found him in the basket not on your doorstep dead from a tragic fall! So funny. By the way, I ran into Pam saturday at the park and she said Shelly had her baby Friday night. I told her to tell her I'm mad at her cause she never returns phone calls!! :) so I also see you are giving in and coming to the reunion! Yeah! Now you me and Kim can sit and chat! :)
LOL! You and birds . . .
"feed the birds, topins a bag, topins, topins, topins a bag. Feed the birds, that's what she cries, while overhead her birds fill the skies"
You're not retarded, you're just very kind hearted! That's a good thing.
good job sis! i would have done the same thing...baby birds stress me out!
That's pretty funny and cute. I hope your little birdie makes it.
Post a Comment