Jake finished his last day of POST yesterday. I can't believe we finally made it through one and a half times and survived. The last 5 months have literally been the hardest of my life. In case you missed it, here is a recap of the struggles we have had since then.
-I developed toxemia, had to go straight to the hospital for an emergency c-section (which I talked my dr. out of) and had a baby 5 weeks premature. With a not-even 2 year old and not-quite 4 year old waiting for me at home.
-Dangerously high blood pressure for 4 weeks after.
-My husband started POST, 6am - 7pm, 4 days a week, running up to 7 miles a day, endless push-ups and sit-ups, tests, etc.
-Jake gets injured, endures excruciating headaches for about a month. 1 ER visit, 6 doctor appointments with 3 different doctors, a spinal tap, a CT scan, and 2 MRI's.
-Livi develops a hernia.
-Jake has to start over at POST.
-Liv goes to Primary Children's for surgery.
-The struggle to feed my newborn gets worse, to the point where she will only eat while sleeping.
-She is diagnosed with Reflux.
-She is diagnosed with Torticollis and starts physical therapy once a week with TONS of at home therapy.
What have I learned.
My family and their health is all that matters in my life. I could not survive without my Savior and the gospel. We made it through. Stronger. Ready for the next challenge :)
-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I would say I'm sorry for all the hardships you've had to go through this past year, and I actually am, but I know that it's the hard times that help us grow and appreciate what we have. You are a very strong woman!
I just hope that 09 isn't as stress-ridden as 08 was, and that you're luck isn't contagious.
Sheesh...you HAVE been through a lot. Let's hope things are better for awhile. That's cute how Sophie was talking about Emma. Emma tells people about her friend Sophie, too. I will call you when I'm coming down that way. Emma would LOVE to play! It still makes me laugh how they were being "Ariel" and "Genevieve". Too funny.
Man, when you put it all in a list like that it seems amazing you are all still alive! Glad all turned out okay though through all the trials.
Hey, do you have any cute cake ideas for Lauryn's birthday that I could do? Let me know. :)
you are an inspiration to all of us! im just glad there isn't any permanent damage, especially after the other day! im soo glad everyone made it out of this past year OK!
I can totally relate! I think you'll agree that were stronger because of all those challenges? :)
You forgot to mention that you got a hole in your wall too ;)
Crazy! So glad you guys survived it all.
Linds!!!When it rains it pours!! My heart aches when I read what you have had to go through. Some people would call it the "refiners fire." Do you feel refined? I am so excited to be in touch with you!! I will work hard to keep my bolg updated. Do you know how I add friends? I am a little slow when it comes to bloggins.....and a lot of other things hahaha!!
Post a Comment