When my kids were born I tried very hard to get them addicted to a baby blanket. It makes for a good comfort item that can sleep in their cribs with them, go to the doctor, go in the car etc... Its just nice to have something besides you that they associate with comfort. Sophia has this silky/super soft blankie that Jake's Aunt Lisa gave her. She loved it and had a hard time sleeping without it. So sometime after she was one I had this great idea to buy a replacement blankie so I could make the switch while one went in the wash. What I didn't plan on, was her finding the spare and becoming addicted to 2 blankies! So now almost 3 years later, she still likes to have both of them to go to bed, she doesn't need them but really likes to have them. They are the exact same except the newer one has about an inch wide border around it while the original doesn't. She can tell the difference at ALL times, even in the dark, and prefers the original. I think it's really cute. I was sitting here trying to remember what she currently calls them so I asked her what she calls her blankies and she said, "Ummm, pinkie". That is a big fat lie. I think the current description is "my tiny pink blankies" or "tiny soft pink blankies".
The 2 blankie thing has kind of been a pain because when she wants them we have to drag them both along. So when Liam was born we bought a similiar blanket in blue for Soph to give her baby brother. My evil plan worked and he fell in love with it... and another soft blanket with cars on it that my mom gave him. So now he too has 2 blankies that he constantly wants. In the morning when I go in to get him out of his crib he bends down and says, "beh-beh" until you hand him the one, and then says "beh-beh" until #2 (the car one is always #2) is up and out with him. I don't know how it happened again, it just snuck up on me somehow. So usually at 7:30 in the morning you will see Jake and I carrying 2 sleepy kids and their 4 blankies out to the car so I can go to work. Therefore I am going to try my hardest to get Tiny Chief (Jake's name for baby sis) to have a monogamous relationship with her blankie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I already knew all this, but it is still funny to me. I love "beh-beh" especially when followed by profuse snuggling and even eating of the blankies. Where the crap did "tiny Chief" come from?
yeah, i want to know about the little nick name as well. very cute anyhow. 4 blankies...that is hilarious. good luck with the third.
yeah, hadley still furiously snuggles and occasionally bites "cherry" - that's what she calls hers nowadays. it used to be "my fishy blankie" because she thought the little cherries were fishies. well, a few months ago, she had an epiphany that they were cherries, so now it's "mommy, where's cherry? can i take cherry with me?"
I have no idea where the name came from, Soph and I like Isabel, Jake said no how 'bout Tiny Chief, Soph hated it :)
Hey Lins, your kids are so cute. Really. I can't believe you are having another one!! Exciting...I miss you guys. I love at least being able to see pics and hear a little of what's going on:) Love ya
I love your blankie post! Jordan has only one favorite blankie, but it has a big hole in it and I need to get a replacement, he agrees! And then there is Lauryn. I too had the great thought to get a replica blanket for washing purposes, and now with getting gifts and all as a baby, she has three very similar silky soft pink ones, probably like soph's, and then my mom gave her one that she found that was my grandma's or something and it is brown silky on one side, it's a little bigger than the other ones, so she started calling it "my big one" and that is what it's known as, and it's definately her fav.!! Sorry about the long comment, I just had to share. And by the way, I kinda like Tiny Cheif! LOL!! :)
I say go for tiny chief! And if you don't, I say we call her that anyways!
Post a Comment