Saturday, March 8, 2008
Delicious dinner with consequences
So both my sisters and my mom are all delicious gourmet chefs. I am the odd one out in that way. I wouldn't say I "hate" cooking, it is just the last thing I want to do at the end of a busy day. Anyway I was at the grocery store, saw shrimp on sale, and grabbed a pound. Since we didn't go out this weekend I decided to cook a yummy dinner. Preparing the meal wasn't bad, but I didn't particularly enjoy hearing my kids fighting and crying because they were hungry (we all tend to get cranky with empty bellies). We had to keep finding things for Liam to eat so he would stop hanging on our legs crying. Then because of the high maintenance children everything wasn't ready at the same time, which always drives me crazy because you don't want to waste all that time cooking only to have stuff cold. We ate (it involved fried shrimp and artichoke dip), and it was delicious, I mean it, really good, but there was a huge mess in the kitchen! I am usually a clean-as-I-go kind of gal but too hard with the naughty ones. So then I had to clean my kitchen for the second time today. I decided until my kids are gone and it is just Jake and I, I would rather drop 30-40 bucks at Red Lobster, show up, eat, and leave. And I get to visit with my kids while someone else makes my food. I am not a chef, sorry ladies... you can cook for me anytime though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
if you'll watch MY naughty one, i'll cook for you any day :)
I hear ya linds, I hate cooking with naughty little ones at your feet!! Way to go anyway, even though it may be your last attempt! :)
i'll cook for you as soon as you visit me. ;)
I have noticed my cooking has been a little less frequent lately also with the two kiddies, especially Ava who is too busy and "helpful" for me to handle! We always go to my Mom's and eat. =)
If I cook anything tasty, it is usually after the naughty grouch goes to bed, which can make for kind of a late dinner. So my new favorite dinner is Bertolli frozen pasta dinners, it's like I cooked all night but really it takes 10 minutes and 1 pan.
Here is a little reminder to you all about eating out. Yes, it rocks, but there is a con to this. I can actually say that I HAVE TO EAT OUT a few times a week for work (don't ask) and I am beginning to get a daddy belly. I guess I need to have more salads and less steak, right?! So there's life on the other side of the fence. Hopefully that brings things back into perspective for you ladies.
i think you are such a good cook!!! thanks for making me hungry.
Post a Comment