Monday, February 21, 2011

New house = broke

With a new house, and a yard to put in this summer, we are broke! We have been spending a lot of time hanging around the house (which we never used to do)... Jake and I both feel like we need a few more cheap hobbies! We are all anxious for summer so that we can get out and work in the yard and play outside without having to spend money. We are planning on building garden boxes and planting a garden for the first time ever, we also recently acquired 2 baby chicks! They are living at my sisters house with her baby chicks until we can do something about the mud pit in our backyard and build a small chicken coop. I have learned a lot about backyard chickens at this website, I am excited to give it a try!

In the meantime, we are trying to beat our winter boredom and try to teach my son how to play with toys for more than 5 seconds :)

I know Jake really wanted the kids to go away so he could play with this track without interruption and perfect his jump...

Liam sat at the end and knocked away any cars that came close to beating his cars record... oh man...

Sophie playing Just Dance, she has some serious moves!

We have been playing a lot with cousins. I am sad to say that Livi is a big boss...


3 comments:

Hill said...

Looks fun!

Nat said...

I'm with ya on the winter boredom! That's a pretty sweet ramp though. There are a few families in our ward that have chickens and like it. Good luck on the garden too. I love going out and pulling up potatoes and carrots and fresh peas and whatever else when I need them! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Linds, The one picture of your brunette daughter reminds me so much of you. You always had some diva in you! Your blog is adorable. I am taking your advice about FB and will replace one vice with another: blogging. Best wishes for you & your family!!! Love ya Brittany