Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Soph's Birthday

Sophia is turning 6. I will spare you the agony of talking about how sad I am when she gets older... We celebrated her birthday a few days early this year to accommodate a Lake Powell trip. Soph loves the cakes that I make. It makes all of the planning and time that it takes 100% worth it. She has usually decided what kind of cake she wants for the next year about one week after her birthday, and she sticks with it too! So this year it was a puppy and I was glad to do something non-princess for a change :)

I was a little sad to eat this little guy...

We didn't get pictures of her blowing out her candles so this is her cupcake from her friend party. I love the look on her face.

After hosting her 4 year old birthday party with about 20 kids (I hate to leave anyone out) I simplified this year. 2 friends weren't able to make it so there were 3 friends and 5 cousins and a brother, and it was totally manageable! We had enough games planned, and everyone seemed to have fun. Always a total relief to have it over with though!!!

I made the little puppy ears for everyone to wear and they loved it! This is Liam racing through the puppy obstacle course, they all got timed while doing it.

The birthday pup.

This little bean slept through most of the party, but was excited that all the kids were there when she woke up. Unfortunately, she "fell" off the deck and landed on her face and cut her forehead. After about an hour and a half of debating over whether she needed to see a doctor or not, we finally just stuck a bandaid with neosporin on her forehead. I hope she doesn't have a scar there for the rest of her life... The poor child fell at Soph's family party too and conked her head on the cement...

2 comments:

Brittney said...

6 is a big age!! She is so cute and looks just like you! What a cute cake too! How amazing are you to make all of their cakes?! What a fun mom you are!! Have fun in Powell btw.

Hill said...

Very cute, looks like she had lots of fun.