Tuesday, December 1, 2009

What's going on around here...

Life has been a little uneventful around here since Disneyland, but here is what has been going on...

I updated my tree :)  With the addition of a basement "kid tree" I moved some of my more crafty looking ornaments downstairs and bought a few new for upstairs... I also bought new ribbon and I am LOVING my tree.  I swear a Christmas tree all lit up at night makes me so happy.

Livi fell in love with the Minnie Mouse I brought home from Disneyland for her.  She squeals "mee-mee!" and gives her the biggest hug when she sees her.  I recently found poor Minnie with a very messy face the other night due to Liv giving her a lot of chocolate smeared kisses.

She still likes to give her yellow ball stroller rides instead of any dollies. 

We went to my mom's annual gingerbread house decorating party and made this little beauty.

My buddy got sick.

Sophie, who is turning into an excellent little speller and writer, made Liam a card.  Note the sad little frowny Liam... sad.  And I can't get over the heart to dot the I.

After complaining about his eye hurting all night (while throwing up) I took him to the doctor to find a big scratch on his cornea.  So now the poor feverish boy has to wear a patch on his eye and go back to the doctor in the morning to check it again.  It is very sad to see my wild child hanging out on the couch all day...

So that's it!  Jake worked on Thanksgiving and he has to work Christmas too :(  We are trying to be festive every minute we can because we both love this time of year so much.  When we are home we usually have a Christmas candle burning and music going too, I love it.

6 comments:

Josh said...

Oh my heavens, I love all those pictures, but I feel so sad about Liam. I'm very impressed with Sophie's cute little note and your tree looks lovely. -This is Hill by the way, I'm too lazy to log out of Josh's profile.

Barb said...

Love that boy. Give him a sqeeze.

Kelsey said...

good golly, I had no idea any of this was going on! Where have I been? or, where have YOU been? Poor kid, but that note from Sophie was SO cute!

Anonymous said...

What a cute note! Before you know it she will be writing 2cute + 2be = 4gotten!

Your Disney trip looked like sooooo much fun! Good to hear you all had such a great time!

Todd and Haylee said...

Beautiful tree! I am still working on mine....dang lights!
Poor Liam, hope he gets feeling better, he should with that cute note from his sis. I love the little heart over the i. :) This time of year is so fun!

Nat said...

Poor little guy! Love the tree, you always have great christmas decorations.