1. The time during our on-again, off again relationship that I stalked you to find out where your classes were at UVSC, and then strategically planted myself across the hall from your classroom. My heart literally skipped a beat when you came out of that door and saw me, acting surprised to see you. For the record, we were never off again, again :)
2. All of the time spent in the basement of your parents old house. Watching movies, playing Nintendo (for hours and hours), stringing beads for our handmade bead curtain- MADE OUT OF SEED BEADS!, drinking rum punch on Christmas Eve, and of course when you proposed to me with candles and food we didn't even touch.
3. The days each of our 3 kids were born. I still remember the look on your face when you first saw Sophie and you turned to me and said, "she has hair!"
4. Bonfires at Utah lake with your friends and the Rodeo and Zebrahead. I swear I would buy that car back to this day just for sentimental reasons.
5. Wandering through all of the shops on our honeymoon in Lake Tahoe. That has always been a favorite pastime of ours, we just don't have time to do it anymore :)
6. You laying in the hospital bed in the emergency room when the doctor came in and told me the CT scan was clear, that your brain was not hemorrhaging. I have never felt so scared in my whole life, refusing to admit to myself how scared I really was.
7. After we were married and I changed into my wedding dress. The look on your face when you saw me in the crowded hall at the temple.
8. Every single time I do something stupid and you start laughing, that really hysterical laugh. I will forever be doing stupid dances and DVR-ing "America's Funniest" because I can't get enough of you laughing.
9. Sharing our kids. I love knowing that you will love the sweet thing Sophie did, or the funny thing that Liam said. The way you are with the kids in general, I swear you are perfect.
10. All of your stupid made-up stories. Professional jump-roping, peyote, coyote calls, Dominican heritage...
Happy Birthday babe, sorry you will sleep through most of it and then work through the rest!
5 comments:
That was cute. Too bad he's on graveyard, stupid graveyard.
That was an awesome list!! Happy Birthday Jake...you old man!
ha ha, that one about Sophie and hair was funny! I was in class trying not to laugh :)
Happy Bday Jake!!!!
okay. that almost made me cry. very sweet linds. happy b-day jake!
Post a Comment