Monday, April 27, 2009

Meet Rocky.



This is Rocky the Rock-chuck (or whistle-pig, or ground squirrel).  He lives in our backyard in our rock wall.  He is about the size of a cat, he is pretty big.  Not the size of a squirrel or anything.  I am not too sure how I feel about this... for the moment I kind of enjoy him.  I am constantly looking out the window to see if he is sitting out on his porch (pictured above).  The kids love to watch him too.  I am afraid that Rocky will bite somebody and then Jake will probably have to shoot him, which wouldn't make Jake sad, quite the opposite I am sure.  But for now, the kids and I like him, he is the perfect pet.  Unless he bites us.

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

lol wow, he doesn't look very friendly

Kelli said...

I can't believe Jake hasn't shot him yet. I'm sure he really wants to.

Hill said...

Aw, he's cute.

Nat said...

That's hilarious!! I can't believe he lives in your backyard! Funny. I hope he doesn't bite anyone, that wouldn't be good.

Tara said...

holy crap! he is huge. you better just shoot him ;)