Saturday, November 15, 2008

Primary Childrens

The hernia repair for this little girl went about 1000 times better than the last one (for Soph).  I was able to feed her up until 4:00 so she ate at about 3:50, then we had to be at Primary Children's at 6:30.  They checked us in and she was the first surgery with Dr. Black at 8 so everyone was right on schedule.  She wasn't too hungry yet so when we handed her over to the anesthesiologist she was smiling like a little sweetie-pie.  The whole surgery lasted about 30 minutes, everything went perfectly, and the doctor said we would probably be able to go home that afternoon instead of spending the night because she was doing so well.  So we hung out until about 1 and then they let us go home!  So far she has been acting fine, she slept well last night and went to bed at 8 tonight.  I have had hernia repair and she seems to be a lot tougher than me!  Just happy it is all over and thankful everything went well.  Put my Christmas up today and hoping to enjoy the lovely season with no more drama (fingers crossed)...

6 comments:

Mama F said...

So glad things went well! Let us know if you need anything.

Hill said...

Yes I hope that you guys are done with drama for a while. When did you have time to put your christmas up?

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Your child had surgery and you still had time to decorate the house...you're amazing! I am glad everything went smoothly though!

Craig and Monica said...

I'm glad everything went okay! I don't know if I could watch my baby go through all that. At least you've done it once already with Sophie. I'll cross my fingers that you have no more drama!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Sophie, I'm glad she is doing good. I am putting my X-mas up this week too. I think it's good why you have motivation before it gets to busy.

Nat said...

Glad everything went good. And glad for you that it's over.