Monday, April 7, 2008

Thank you Kelsey...

With so much to do before we leave on Thursday, I put Liam down for his nap at the Hall's and Kelsey agreed to text me when he woke up. For some crazy reason, he will sleep for 3 hours there while at home he usually gets about 1 and 1/2 hours. I hurried home and had the house to myself to clean and do laundry. Any mother knows that this is the definition of heaven. I told Kelsey that some day she would be excited to clean her house in peace without any kids or husband bugging her and making messes, I don't think she believed me ;) I strapped on my iPod and drank my Diet Pepsi (thank you Barbara) and cleaned like crazy. I got so much done and now feel like I can have everyone ready to go on Thursday. I like to leave a clean house when I go somewhere so it isn't so overwhelming when you get home and have to unpack. So anyway, thanks Kels, you made my whole week. Now if I can just keep things picked up until then...

7 comments:

Hill said...

she told me you said that, and she sounded skeptical. I told her it is true. regardless if she likes to clean or not, cleaning has to be done, and it is done best ALONE!

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Its so true! Its hard to clean your house when a little one is messing up another room in the house. I too like to have the house clean before we leave on a trip so that we can come home to clean rather than a pigsty!

mindi said...

you are such a lucky mama!
glad you got your shiz in order.
thanks kelsey!

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

Oh my gosh, I swear if someone would take my kids for me to clean my house I would kiss their face! That's awesome, have a blast in DisneyLand, too bad we aren't out there yet, you could have stayed at our place. =)

Tara said...

have fun linds! you probably left already!

Anonymous said...

WAASSSUUUPPP! Just making the rounds. Hope you are doing well. Tell Jake I said HI!

Nat said...

Well, you are definately in sunny cali. right now and you will be glad to know that it was snowing this morning when we woke up, so be glad you're not here! I wish a sweet person like Kelsey would take my kids too so I could clean! Maybe one day that will happen. Can't wait for you to get back and let us all get jealous of how much fun you had! :)