Friday, January 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Sis!

Today is my oldest sis Candace's birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Unfortunately she lives in New Jersey so I don't see her or her kiddies nearly as much as I would like, she used to live down the street and I could borrow eggs like every other day or something ;) Okay Top 5 things I think of when I think of you:

1. Candace and Alan LOVE Halloween and have been known to throw a pretty sweet party. I miss this every year! Especially when my parents dress up with masks and scare the crap out of everyone at the party.
2. When they used to live just down the street Candace would come up for something and then get sucked into watching HGTV with me show after show, never wanting to leave the presence of my cable TV.
3. When I would go down to her house and Alan would be working in the garage and they would have their kids in bed, their house clean, sweet music playing, and Martha would be making some delicious treat or something. It was impossible to leave! I swear that happened more than one might think!
4. Last summer when Soph and Hadley discovered how much they love each other and I could send Sophie off to play and veg on the couch with my sis, or go to the kids swimming lessons. Those girls are so cute together.
5. Three words: Coconut Layer Cake.

Happy Birthday Sis! I love you and hope you have a great day! (sorry no pics, my computer is retarded)

2 comments:

spyderette said...

aw thanks sis! my house is never clean anymore! i miss springville. smaller house = easier to clean. i am going to bake myself a coconut cake tomorrow for my sunday birthday dinner, which i will also make myself. wish someone would come borrow some eggs or something. new jersey is kinda lonely.

Hill said...

Happy Birthday Candace. mmm coconut cake sounds tasty.