Monday, December 3, 2007

Holy Crap

I am tending Asher at Mindi's house with my kids and the title describes it all. For the most part everyone has been very well behaved but adding another 1 year old to the mix definitely makes things harder. There have been a few moments that have completely exhausted me. I was helping Sophie in the bathroom and I had Liam on one side of the potty and Asher on the other, both trying to stick their hands in the toilet while Soph was going pee. Then I was trying to fix lunch for 2 crying babies and Soph and turned around to see that Liam had climbed from his chair that snaps onto the counter ONTO the counter! He was just sitting there drinking his milk. Another time I was changing Asher's bum and he was crying, Soph was crying, and Liam was pulling my hair to the point where I wanted to cry and then started pulling the wipes out one by one so fast he had like 20 out before I could get to him! Of course there have been a lot of cute moments, I will post pictures of those when I get home, but for now I am quite confident that I could not handle twins on a daily basis.

5 comments:

spyderette said...

i don't envy you, sis. not one bit.

Nat said...

Way to go linds! I've had to do that before and it's not fun. One time I had three 3-4 year olds, and three 1-2 year olds! It aint easy!

Lindsey said...

Ok, so this all happened over the course of 3 days, not one day, I realized I didn't mention that...

Dana said...

Ahh! I don't know how I could handle twins either. It would be non stop!! Good luck, I hope you survive the rest of the time.

Hill said...

Glad it's over for you, I sometimes wonder if I could handle just having Liam here with Am to get into trouble together.