Friday, February 12, 2010

Thank heavens!

I am going to be honest, Liam has been giving me the fits lately...  Teasing and tormenting and hurting his sisters all day and then randomly getting out of his bed anywhere from 2-6 times a night and then waking up for the day at 6.  The kid just can't settle down and play with something, ANYTHING for more than 5 seconds!  And then this week he has finally learned how to control his urge to destroy long enough to learn that if he doesn't do anything totally crazy that Sophie will play with him, and oddly enough, it is fun!  I swear, this child has not played with his toys for more than 10 minutes at best.  I am hoping that this post doesn't jinx the fact that him and Soph have been locking themselves away somewhere and playing for an hour!  Wow, a lot can be accomplished in an hour when Liam is occupied.  Without him around to make Livi cry, she just wanders around quietly and plays by herself and I can clean, or blog (I have really been slacking lately) or get ready for the day in peace, or RELAX.  It is great :)

The cute play usually lasts until Sophie gets a little too bossy and then Liam pops her one :)  But man, it is so cute while it lasts...

2 comments:

Travis and Dorie said...

Your family is so beautiful. I have been thinking about you lately and wanted to thank you for being my friend at a time in my life when I needed one. You helped me become me in a lot of ways. So thanks!
dorie

Tara said...

oh wow. i feel like i have missed so much. i hope the 1hr play time keeps on coming!

i love that livi loves dress-up! that pic of her is soooo cute. maybe i should buy some for belle. i thought that interest didn't come for a while!