Thursday, June 19, 2008

The carnie and a funny story


Soph LOVES the carnival, more than almost anything. She thinks the little rides are the greatest and wanted to go on this roller-coaster, but we had to send her alone. She looked so big all by herself I wanted to cry. Had I not been pregnant, I would have jumped on there with her (Jake is too big). She just smiled and laughed the whole time, she was so adorable. I love when the carnie comes to town because of this sweet girl.


This boy who never stops blabbing all day long went catatonic, erasing all expression from his face the whole time we were there, sitting silently in his stroller... Until I got him a cookie. He must be his daddy's boy.



Tonight I was listing our car on KSL (up for sale if you know anyone interested in a Dodge Caliber) and Jake came over to sit at the kitchen table with me. He sat down and the chair totally broke and he fell right on his bum (I am laughing while typing). The funny part is we both sat there and stared at each other for like 15 seconds and then we burst out laughing. I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard. He seriously just lay there for so long while I laughed like a crazy. Then the best part is he gets up and gets another chair and goes, "Look, it just threw me off and then kept standing there." I can't stop laughing still.

8 comments:

Hill said...

That is funny, hilariously funny. Cute carnie pics

Lori said...

Love that story! At times I wish the chairs in our kitchen would break like that. I hope you are doing great.

Kelsey said...

LOL, that chair story is pretty awesome. I can just see Jake standing up and saying that! I love your pic's too and I can defend Liam with the "grumpy till you get a bite of food" syndrome, it does run in the family

We do because we Mexi-Can! said...

I'm a carnie girl too, the best was on the ride at the state fair that seats in a circle and it raises up and has loud music, etc., and the redneck who was running it came out in the middle when the ride started and raised his arms as the ride went up like he was raising us. He was thinking he was the coolest dude ever. then he danced around to the music while the ride went on around him. =) That story about Jake is hilarious! I can totally picture it and you guys just laughing your heads off!!

Tara said...

i can't believe the chair broke!!! very funny.

Craig and Monica said...

That story is too funny. Just thinking about it makes me laugh.

Nat said...

You know I have to disagree with the carnie. I did enjoy it as a child, but I think it is ridiculous how dang expensive it is! I would rather save my money and take the kiddies to Lagoon, that's more like it for me. But they were cute pics. And many skinny little Jake must be eating well to break a chair! Ha Ha

Trent & Emily Davies said...

Okay thats hilarious....I wish I could have been there to see the chair buck him off!

Any offers on the car yet? Trent said you guys are getting a sweet minivan!